Wednesday 22 April 2015

To Please Others


If you go through my articles carefully, you might observe my annoying habit of constantly trying to please others and caring about what others think of me. I am telling you on the outset, keep your purty lips zipped if you’re going to tell me that it is good to have a pleasing personality. (See, I am already on the path of redemption!)

If the Great Indian Series special on Chamchas (sycophants) by the Times of India, shows us anything, it is not really in our best interest to be boot lickers. It leaves you exactly in that position: the boot, perennially open to the whims and fancies of others, never knowing when you might be kicked by the same boot you’re kneeling in front of.


Nobody needs to tell me that I tend to make better decisions when I make them completely on my own and for my own sake. I know that. And I also know the reason why. I can’t show anybody that my decision was wrong. Even though I am not crazy enough to believe that I’ll always make the right decision, but one thing that I can be sure of is that, I’ll automatically work harder to ensure that I don’t fail at it. Elementary, my dear Watson.

I am pretty sure I am not going to change overnight. Who knows, I might never change at all. But note my words people because I am going to try.

3 comments:

  1. I like the recent articles. They really touch the heart. very raw. I look forward to more articles in this series of self discovery.

    ReplyDelete