Tuesday 14 April 2015

What makes me happy?

Here I am sitting, sulking over all the things that are wrong and unfair in my life and all of a sudden a question pops into my head; What makes me happy?
For a moment I simply tried to collect my bearings. Questions like these are so simple but we never really settle down and actually think about them and answer them.
So here I am, typing out the list of things I find pleasure in:-
1)Appreciation- I like both giving and receiving them. I know I sound as if I am in constant need of others' approval but I am being honest here. So take it or leave it.
2)Taking walks alone. I find my own company often comforting. I don't need to carry on a conversation, and I definitely don't need to tiptoe around people. You get what I mean?
3)The adrenaline rush of doing something new.
4)Reading romantic comedies.
5)Just being with my best friends. They are not plenty in number but somehow they know me and accept me the way I am, which is saying a lot.
6)Swimming- The feel of water all around can be both scary and exhilarating at times. I fear swimming in anything other than a pool. The fact that I can't see what is underneath and that it is possible for me to give myself up to the surrounding water to swallow me up, is fodder for one of my worst nightmares. Yet, whenever I dive into a pool, all I sense is peace. Odd isn't it?
7)Day Dreaming- Who doesn't like to dream? Since you, my reader, probably do, I find it a pointless exercise to explain this point.

For now, I can only come up with these things. As and when I think of something new, I might add to this list.

2 comments:

  1. WOW I have the same fear about water. I will never swim in any other place than the pool which has definite bonds and I will not be pulled away in the stream. You will never catch me swimming in the ocean or river or lake!
    Yes long walks are the best.
    My relaxation also includes online window shopping, CNN, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal and BBC news, and day dreaming about my clothes is my ultimate relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I have the same fear about water. I will never swim in any other place than the pool which has definite bonds and I will not be pulled away in the stream. You will never catch me swimming in the ocean or river or lake!
    Yes long walks are the best.
    My relaxation also includes online window shopping, CNN, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal and BBC news, and day dreaming about my clothes is my ultimate relaxation.

    ReplyDelete